Terms and conditions of booking for the education sector
The Maritime Museum has reduced rates and special booking conditions for the education sector.
- Reservations are required for school programmes; these must be made by no later than 2 weeks before the museum visit. We regret that we are otherwise unable to consider them.
- A booking made can be amended or cancelled up to 7 days before the museum visit (except bookings made through a Culture Pass web order). After that, we will charge you the full amount as per the booking. In the event of the visit being hindered by coronavirus, the date can be rescheduled free of charge up to 3 working days before the museum visit.
- Payment for your school visit will be made against an invoice;
- A minimum of 20 students is needed to qualify for the group rate for vocational education or university students;
- The maximum capacity for our school programmes is 30 students unless stated otherwise on the website;
- We charge for a minimum of 20 students (except for special education);
- We believe it is important to have enough supervisors, which is why we offer free admission to a maximum of 8 supervising adults per group. The supervisors remain with their groups and are responsible for their pupils. If you want to bring more supervising adults than that, they pay our regular admission charge (to be paid at the front desk). Please note: this does not apply to the Maritime Museum educational tour.
- Schools and nurseries can visit the museum except at weekends or during the school holidays of the central and southern regions of the country.
- The educational programmes are not free of charge with a Museum Card, Rotterdam Pass or other discount card.